Sunday, June 17, 2007

Saddle Fitting


C
urrent mood: disappointed

After spending roughly 3.5 hours trying to find a fit for my mare, we were 'defeated' in the end by her physique.

Lacking pronounced withers, possessing standardbred shoulders, and an incredibly deep hip tilt, the fitter could not find a saddle that would not roll even with the potential added benefit of a breast collar and crupper.

Now my husband's horse was an ideal candidate. However, having him fitted for one is somewhat pointless as our goal was to go to events together and I can't see him riding my horse all the time and me riding his.

I am so totally bummed right now. :-(

But, as they say "never give up", so I am currently doing some investigation to see if there might be something: a combo, a style, that might work on a horse with a body type like my mare. I'll keep y'all posted.

No comments: