Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Putting things Aside


R
ecently I've not had the chance to ride aside. Partially due to the saddle disappointment, but more due to the pursuit of other historical equestrian activities as events hurtle toward us; it's hard to believe it's August. I've not abandoned the idea of riding aside, I've just been spending more time getting the riding garments together, chasing down a craftsman for my girdle buckle, and designing a medieval saddle, and training my mare for other aspects of the medieval hobby. So, it's just on hiatus for a little while. Most likely until after September.

I will continue to add pieces regarding books, cooking, and historical "kit".

Lexicon:
Kit is the clothing and other assorted items that create the material aspect of a re-enactor's impression.

An impression as I understand it, is the representation or portrayal of a person's everyday life, be it a scullery maid or a high born lady, the latter is what my "aside" portrayal is all about.

.

No comments: