Thursday, January 10, 2008

Belt Buckle... delayed


T
he girdle buckle is still being made. The craftsman had a very busy holiday and then suppliers and other folks took off for the holidays. So needless to say I'm still waiting for my buckle. However I knew that they really wouldn't get started on it until close to the end of 2007.

Here is the beginning of it. It's the little piece in the upper left corner. It will be two of those pieces tall to conform to my girdles 5.4 cm width and will have the back plate. Somehow I don't think it will look exactly as I had imagined it, but we'll see.



So far, most viewers probably are not overly impressed. It's not far enough along for me to "panic", so I reserve judgment at this time. His other work is fantastic, so I'm going on faith here.

.

No comments: